This Week~ We recently celebrated J's 9th birthday. He is so excited to be out of the 8's. Per him. *grin* We had a wonderful day on his birthday. Went to dinner at Mayan with family and then went to go see the most recent Narnia movie. His sister and cousin, set him up a party in one of our rooms. They had a blacklight, homemade confetti (that they were throwing up in the air, to look like snow) and dance music!
We are getting the house ready for his family/friends bday party this Saturday. He is really excited. It will be really nice to see P's family from down South. I don't think that we have seen them since Grandma E's burial. I miss them.
Updates~ J has been making up quite a few of his own jokes. Duncan made one up the other day. "Why didn't the cheese want to go to school? He didn't like being graded." S is just about done reading her very first book, "Dork Diaries". She is so excited! I think her love of reading is on it's way. I never enjoyed reading as a child. Now, I can't get enough, but I didn't find that love until I was about 26 yo. The 3 books I remember reading in their entirety, "I'll teach my dog 100 words", "Sweet Valley High" (from a series) and "I Married Adventure". It was the last book that really got me going. Now I can't put them down. So many books to read, so little time. :o) I am currently reading St. Francis of Assissi, Mother Teresa, The Bible and a couple others.
I have been trying to spend more time going through more in the house to get rid of. I am not sure if our plan is to sell or to try and rent out the house. I guess my thought is that if we can keep the house, that would be the best! I don't know, I guess we will see.
The Holidays~ Our plan is to go and help out at a local church that is serving dinners to families in need. I am really excited about doing this as a family. I have fond memories, that had an impact, from spending Thanksgiving feeding those in need with my mom. My heart is being so drawn to this ministry.
My Heart~ I am so thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful for my husbands job and for the opportunity to be able to be at home with my kids. I am REALLY looking forward to my mothers bday on Friday. My brother, sister and I are planning on going out to dinner with mom. It has been a LONG time, since it was just the three of us and her having some 3 on 1 time. Should be good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.