Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Transition~

So the next step is to make a plan to move forward with the dreams and desires of our life.  Getting our house ready to sell would be the first step.
To do this, we have a bit of stuff to do. 
I suppose, one step at a time will be the best decision.

Between reading about Mother Teresa and Shane Claiborne, I am finding more and more clarity on decisions that need to be made.  I know what my heart longs for.

"Jesus wants me to tell you again...how much is the love He has for each one of you--beyond all what you can imagine....Not only He loves you, even more--He longs for you.  He misses you when you don't come close.  He thirsts for you.  He loves you always, even when you don't feel worthy...." ~Mother Teresa

"Prayer is not so much about convincing God to do what we want God to do as it is about convincing ourselves to do what God wants us to do." ~Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers

What can I do with my life that would Glorify God.  We have such amazing examples of how Jesus responded to those around him.  Why do we not have these at the forefront of our minds, to help guide us through our daily decision making.  It is going to become my focus for the time being.  To really know what he said.  To really have it be part of me and flow from my heart.  I am not looking to be Jesus, I am wanting to strive to love those around me as he did with the people that surrounded him throughout his life.

Our desire is to give more and to do that we are feeling that we really need to humble ourselves and our possessions.  A radical way to bring up our children, some might think. 

My thoughts are that it can be harder to learn to walk this life than it is to turn around and add things that we think we might be missing.  Making the decisions to change in these ways that do not line up with the status quo but they are walls that I am willing to walk through to hopefully gain momentum for my children in their lives, knowing they don't have to start from here but from where we will be when we part ways and start their life adventures.

Our desire is to move from this home and find a home that is less expensive and eventually move into an RV.  Our thoughts are, the less we have financially going out, the more we have to give.  I would love to find somewhere that people share home, bills, etc.  I know most don't understand wanting to live this way.  I see so many opportunities and possibilities in living in common housing.  Most people enjoy their space and I completely understand that.  I was amazed to find that there are communities with parks, gardens, etc.  And each family has their own home.  No, I'm not talking about the compounds of Utah either...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.