So this morning I am sitting here, pondering what the next week, next 3 years are going to look like. I have gotten to know someone this past year, quite well, and am so thankful for that opportunity. I have shared time and moments with this person and their family that will never be forgotten. They are leaving in just 9 days.
I have been wondering this morning, why I am so emotional. We've talked about keeping in touch or even my family going over to visit, so I am not sure why I feel like I may not see her again. It's almost like they are transitioning out of this life into another, well, I guess it is like that.
I am supposed to be leaving on a retreat with some other friends this weekend, but everything in me wants to stay here and absorb every moment of everyday that I would have an opportunity to be in their presence.
They are real, genuine, honest, funny, outside the box, wise...just a joy to spend time with.
I am supposed to be getting a webcam and have decided that I need to get it in the next few days, so that I can make sure that it is up and running and I know what I am doing with it before they go...lol
I thank God for the opportunity to have had true fellowship with this family.
I hope they know how much they are loved and I will miss hearing and seeing our children giggle together. I am sure this will prompt a flight (we know how I love planes, NOT) to Germany.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm glad I read this now when I can't change my mind and not 3 weeks ago when going AWALL was an option
ReplyDeleteLike I said that night at Applebizzles...
ReplyDeleteIt said something when you didn't just say keep it touch, but went out of your way to make it possible! I felt like I was able to come with you in a way..lol