Monday, April 4, 2011

Home is where the heart is...

Well, our house is coming along.  We had gotten so much done in the past month, you wouldn't think we still had anything left to do.  A few more details to cover and then it will be on the market.
I am currently feeling fine about selling it.  I feel like I have worked up to this mental state though.  I just can't continue to be attached to something so temporary.  I am trying to keep, that family and home are where I make them, at the front of my mind.
Once the house is put on the market and we have a buyer, I can only imagine it will stir up feelings of loss and regret which is only to be expected I guess. 
We had 8 amazing years in that home.  Good times and bad but overall amazing memories!  Just part of our journey..

It is the only home that Jasper has ever known.  Trying to bring him a sense of home in our current location has been important.  I am hoping it will lighten his feelings, that he has had, of a sense of loss.  He has already voiced his concerns and heartache.

It has been so nice being in town.  I feel like I have fuller, longer days.  More time to do the things we want to do.  We're not feeling rushed to get things done or not starting things for fear of not being able to finish or continue in projects or games. 
It is like there was a sense of constant disruption of life and who wants to live like that.

I am, so much more, enjoying the flow that we are finding at our current location!


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.