Thursday, August 26, 2010

I've Done It~

I've made a meal menu that I think will work, for our family, this time.
Instead of having a Wednesday: Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner and then Thursday....
I have created 8 Breakfasts, 8 Lunches, 16 Snacks, 8 Dinners and labeled them 1-8.
On day 7, I will create the new menu.
This way, if we decide we want to eat #5 Dinner instead of #2, I don't have to make any notes next to the day.  I will just be able to see which dinners are leftover on the Dinner list, when I do come to day #5.

Example:
August 26th through Sept. 2nd
Breakfast:

  1. Scrambled Eggs w/Toast & 1/2 Nectarine

  2. Pancakes w/ Syrup and PB & 1/2 Orange

  3. Quiche w/Grn Pepper, Red Onion, Spinach w/Oranges (Saturday Morning)

  4. Bran Muffins, Hard Boiled Egg w/1/2 Nectarine (Sunday Morning)

  5. Blackberry Yogurt & Fiber One

  6. Oatmeal w/Bananas and Pecans

  7. Pancakes w/PB and Syrup & 1/2 Orange

  8. Scrambled Eggs w/Toast & 1/2 Apple
Daily
Coffee w/ 1/2 & 1/2
Cup of Milk w/Breakfast

Lunch:

  1. Cheese Quesidilla w/ Salsa & 1/2 Apple

  2. Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Celery w/ranch & 1/2 Nect.

  3. Turkey Sand. w/ Carrots & 1/2 Apple (Saturday)

  4. Bean/Cheese Burrito w/Salsa & Shredded Spinach w/ Oranges (Sunday on the go)

  5. Cheese Quesidilla w/ Salsa & 1/2 Apple

  6. Bagel w/Cream Cheese, Carrots & 1/2 Nectarine

  7. PB&J w/ 1/2 Apple, Carrots w/ Ranch

  8. Turkey Sand. w/ Oranges and Carrots
Snacks:
               11:30am                                         2:30pm

  1. Graham Cracker w/ PB                     Cucumbers w/ Ranch

  2. Cheese Sticks                                  Pumpkin Bread

  3. 1/2 Apple                                       Celery w/ PB

  4. Carrots w/Ranch                             Choc Chip Cookies

  5. Pumpkin Bread                                 1/2 Apple

  6. Celery w/PB                                    Pudding w/Golden Grahams

  7. Cheese Sticks                                  Choc Chip Cookies

  8. Fig Cookies                                      Celery w/PB
Dinner:

  1. Turkey Leg w/Baked Beans

  2. Nachos *Friends House* Bring Chips

  3. Swt and Sour Chicken w/ grn peppers and rice (crockpot) (Saturday)

  4. PB&J Sands, w/chops and choc chip cookies (Sunday on the go)

  5. Fried rice w/eggs, veggies and soy sauce (bible study dish to share)

  6. ? (Out for dinner with friends)

  7. Thai Coconut Curry Chicken w/rice

  8. Chicken and Cheesy Tatertots w/ chopped spinach

2 comments:

  1. If I can completely make this post about me, I am not sure how I feel about being called your "follower" on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?
    You don't follow me?
    It only worked for that week anyway...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.