Well, we had the dirt delivered. The raised garden beds are now in place, with fencing, vegetables planted and netting over the top to keep the wandering cats from using it as a litter box. We planted corn, peas, radish, spinach, mustard greens, lettuce, broccoli, onions, cabbage, celery, rhubarb, sunflowers, jalapeno, pepper, okra, cucumber, swiss chard, cilantro, and carrots. We also planted some more flowers in planter boxes outside of the garden area.
In the past few weeks we decided that we were definitely going to need more room as we haven't yet planted our sweet potato, pumpkin, watermelon or tomatoes. YIKES!
So now we have yet another area of garden. Paul used some of the fallen trees from the backyard and made another raised garden bed, using the logs as border. We also took a toddler bed that looks gardenish and planted some flowers and veggies in it as well, so we have a real flower bed. *grin* We recently put more stakes in the ground around this garden area and have placed fencing net around this area of the garden.
I still have yet to get my herb garden going, whew. And I have my three raspberry plants to get outside!
On a side note, we are thinking that we may need to find a farm for our border collie to go to. No matter the fencing that we have tried to put up and maintain, he is either climbing, ripping through or digging under.
Toward the end of winter, we trimmed our winter apple tree. So far so good. It is looking pretty healthy. The kids have created themselves a fort with a tarp cover.
In the front of the house, the roses have started to form beautiful buds and the rhody has already started blooming. OH! And I have a wind chime on the front porch now! Did I mention that I love the sound of these...I am hoping to collect some more. One of my favorite memories growing up, was going to visit my Grandma Zona and on her front porch there were soooo many wind chimes, different sizes and sounds. Hearing the sound of all of them chiming as the wind blew through her porch is such a soothing memory. They are still there and so is she!
So the kids are all still sleeping yet this morning. I have gotten up, made coffee, made them some danish and am currently baking some zuccini bread. Ah! I need to plant some zuccini! Note to self, purchase a zuccini plant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.